Community Service Partners
We welcome community service partners, such as local schools and organizations, as they play an important role in helping us reach our goals of serving families and their children.
Individual community service partners should:
- Be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal gaurdian.
- Schedule an orientation at least two weeks in advance from their start date.
- Serve at least 9 hours.
- Complete their hours in three hour shift increments, in accordance with a schedule that has been agreed upon by the volunteer and the House Manager.
- Understand that shift openings are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Community service groups should:
- Consist of members that are at least 18 years of age or are accompanied by a parent, legal gaurdian or other responsible party, such as their school instructor.
- Schedule the group volunteer shift with our House Manager at least two weeks in advance.
- Consist of no more than 12 individuals at one time.
- Understand that group volunteer shifts are available from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays only, and are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
Individuals or groups seeking other opportunities within the RMHC of Columbia, SC system for their service hours should contact us directly. These opportunities may include, but are not limited to, hosting a "Wish List Drive", preparing a meal or planning a third party fundraiser.