"The compassion that the Ronald McDonald House has shown us was unbelievable. They opened their arms to us like we were family. A lot of people think blood is what makes you family, they have it wrong. Love is what makes you family."
"I thank the Ronald McDonald House staff for all of their help in this tough time my family and I are facing."
"I love this House because it is a nice place. God bless those good hearts. Estoy contento y feliz por resivir el apollo de esta casa."
"I love the Ronald McDonald House because of the family I have made while being here and actually having people who know what I'm going through."
"My favorite thing about volunteering is the opportunity to listen to the families' stories. This seems to provide great comfort to them and their courage is inspiring to me."
"There is comfort in knowing that we have a family here at the Ronald McDonald House who loves, cares, and shows empathy for our family."
"Everyone at the Ronald McDonald House is in good spirits and are very welcoming. All of the families are thankful which makes my internship so meaningful."
"The house made us feel as if we were not alone"
In order to prevent exposure and the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have made the decision to temporarily suspend all Make-A-Meal opportunities and visitors to our home.
Other ways to help during these difficult times are the following:
- Donate a gift card to a local restaurant or grocery store
- Donate Wish List items
- Follow us on social media @RMHCColumbiaSC, and share our posts to help spread awareness of our programs and current needs
There is nothing better than a delicious meal to help a family feel like the Ronald McDonald House is truly a place where they can find all the comforts of home. This is a vital part of our mission; however, we rely on the support of the community to make this happen each day.
Often, store-bought breakfast, snack and lunch items from our Wish List are donated to the House, and families are welcome to help themselves and prepare their own food using these items. However, we work hard to ensure that dinner is prepared and available to families at 6:30 p.m. nightly and that a hot breakfast is available to our guests most weekends. Therefore, we encourage groups and individuals to cook at our House or "sponsor" a meal by purchasing carry-out from a restaurant or store.
Whether you are able to provide one meal each month, one meal each week, or one meal, one time, we hope you will get involved in our Make-a-Meal program! Please call 803-254-3181 or email [email protected] to schedule your meal donation.
- All meals must be prepared at the Ronald McDonald House or carry out from a restaurant or store in its original packaging.
- Please provide enough food for 28-30 people.
- Our kitchen is equipped with all the tools needed to prepare a meal, such as dishes, pans and utensils. A gas grill is also available as well.
- The individual preparing the meal must provide all ingredients necessary for their recipe.
- Individuals or groups are welcome to provide breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. For any indiviual or group wanting to provide a meal we please ask you call us at (803)-254-3181 to schedule your meal time.
- If preparing dinner at the House, please allow yourself plenty of time so that dinner can be served at 6:30 p.m.
- Likewise, if purchasing a meal from a restaurant or store, please ensure it's delivered by 6:30 p.m.