"You don't think about where you are going to lay your head at night when you have a baby in the NICU. You aren't thinking of yourself - but, you have to take care of yourself in order to take care of your baby. That's why the Ronald McDonald House is so important."
"I thank the Ronald McDonald House staff for all of their help in this tough time my family and I are facing."
"I love this House because it is a nice place. God bless those good hearts. Estoy contento y feliz por resivir el apollo de esta casa."
"I love the Ronald McDonald House because of the family I have made while being here and actually having people who know what I'm going through."
"My favorite thing about volunteering is the opportunity to listen to the families' stories. This seems to provide great comfort to them and their courage is inspiring to me."
"It was a blessing staying at the Ronald McDonald House and being able to be near my son incase anything ever happen.
"Everyone at the Ronald McDonald House is in good spirits and are very welcoming. All of the families are thankful which makes my internship so meaningful."
Relationship with McDonald's
Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald's "charity of choice" since 1974.
McDonald's is one of our corporate donors and portions of our annual operating costs are graciously funded by owner/operators of local McDonald's restaurants. However, their involvement extends beyond monetary support
McDonald's involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- McDonald's employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate in local and global RMHC boards.
- A portion of funds from the RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants contribute to the annual operating costs of Ronald McDonald House Charities Columbia, SC.
- McDonald's hosts an annual, global fundraiser in May, called Give a Hand. Since 2002, it has raised more than $170 million for RMHC and children's charities around the world.
- With each purchase of a McDonald's Happy Meal® or Mighty Kid's Meal® throughout the year, a donation is made to RMHC.
We greatly value all of the support our McDonald's family continuously shares with RMHC. However, no company can solely fund our programs and projected growth. We rely on all of our corporate and individual supporters so that we can continue to help families who rely on our services.